The iVac™ System
The iVac™ System is designed to be used during the root canal treatment irrigation phase, preferably connected to a piezo ultrasonic handpiece. The system was created using the three most important concepts established by the endodontic research and science for root canal irrigation and disinfection.
The first concept adopted is ultrasonic vibration, which acts as a chemical catalyst of the irrigating solutions in conjunction with the transient cavitation and microstreaming effects, determining a chemical-mechanical cleaning action in areas of difficult access in the root canal.
The second concept is the negative pressure, by which the irrigation fluid moves from the pulp chamber to the apical limit without extruding beyond the foramen.
And finally, concomitant irrigation, a principle whereby the volume of irrigating liquid is renewed continuously. Constant fluid replacement provokes ideal chemical activity by repositioning the solution for a new one.
The iVac™ system united the three irrigation fundaments in a single device, acting safely against the risk of liquid extrusion into the periapical tissue and activating the renewed fluid inside the canal. The system comprises an aspiration/activation cannula with two options of outside diameters, .35mm and .50mm.
The iVac™ ultrasonic connector is designed to easily hold the cannula and deliver the irrigating liquid properly while transmitting the vibration from the piezo ultrasonic handpiece. In addition, tubes and connections allow the ordinary vacuum outlet to be coupled, adding negative pressure to the system.
- The iVac™ uses apical negative pressure with concomitant irrigation, which avoids the risk of extrusion of the irrigant while allowing the irrigating fluid to clean and disinfect the entire root canal to the working length1, 2.
- iVac™ is highly instrumental in cases where irrigation depth control is essential3, such as young teeth, apexification, regeneration, and apical foramen resorptions.
- The iVac™ design allows the continuous exchange of ultrasonically activated irrigants with constant refreshment into the root canal system throughout the procedure.
- It can effectively clean and disinfect irregularities of the root canal system with the action of continuous ultrasonic irrigation,4, 5, 6
- The polymer microcannula allows effective ultrasonic activation7 of the irrigant, even in curved canals.
- The iVac™ system is simple to install and has an intuitive operation, requiring no significant equipment investment.
- In addition to the ultrasonic vibration, the cannula’s external and internal diameters rate significantly reduces the risk of clogging.
iVac™ Intro Kit,
5 x 0.35 iVac tips,
5 x 0.50 iVac tips,
1 x S-type piezo connector,
10 x capillary tips,
1 x Low Vac adaptor,
1 x High Vac adaptor,
5 x Short silicone tubing with 1 female